Battle of the Bands Information
Monday, June 3, 2013
Monday Registration: 9:00 a.m.
Competition: Monday (9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
Munger Auditorium, Birmingham Southern College
$50/Band Registration Fee
- Pre-registered bands must arrive by 9 a.m. on Monday, June 2, 2013, for registration, with competition scheduled for competition from 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Battle takes place in Munger Auditorium on the campus of Birmingham-Southern College
- $50 registration fee must be received by May 25, 2013, in order to participate.
- Each band must be sponsored by a local United Methodist Church in the North Alabama Conference.
- Each band is allowed one adult member 19 or older. All other band members must be current high school students with a graduation date no earlier than 2013.
- Limit of ten bands.
- A house drum kit and bass amp will be provided.
- Bands will be allotted 40 minutes for set up, sound check, performance, and break down. Set length cannot exceed 15 minutes. Bands must be present and ready to perform 30 minutes before assigned time. Bands will be penalized for being late or running over time allotment.
- Bands will be on stage at 9:30, 10:05, 10:40, 11:15, 11:50, 1:30, 2:05, 2:40, 3:15 and 3:50.
Bands must play a 3-song set:
- Any hymn from the United Methodist Hymnal.
- “One Thing Remains” by Jesus Culture, “After All (Holy)” by David Crowder OR “Like a Lion” by Daniel Bashta.
- Praise/Worship song of your choice (cover or original).
First, second and third place winners will be announced on Monday afternoon from the main stage at Annual Conference in Bill Battles Colleseum. The winner will have the opportunity to lead worship on Tuesday at 1:15 pm from the main stage at Annual Conference.
First Place: $250 Gift Certificate to Guitar Center, lead part of worship at Annual Conference on Tuesday, free tickets and contract to lead worship at Encounter 2014, Feb 21-23, 2014, and contract to lead worship at Bread & Butter, August 24 at Gardendale-Mt Vernon UMC and at Exit456 at Camp Sumatanga on March 7-8, 2014.
Second Place: $150 Gift Certificate to Guitar Center and contract to lead worship at Contagious on Friday, January 31, 2014.
Third Place: $100 Gift Certificate to Guitar Center
In the event that the First Place Band cannot lead worship for B&B or Encounter, the invitation will be extended to Second and, if necessary, Third Place winners in that order. If the First Place Band cannot lead worship for Encounter, their free tickets will be forfeited to the replacement band.