Submit Your Church’s News
We love to tell the story of North Alabama Conference congregations in ministry to grow disciples of Jesus Christ! Share your congregation’s story of your past events, ministry celebrations and ongoing ministries. It’s as easy as 1,2,3.
STEP 1: Write a summary of the news (200-500 words).
- Include the basics – who, what, where, when and why.
- Include how this event / ministry / celebration helped your congregation grow disciples of Jesus Christ and/or work toward one of the ministry priorities of the North Alabama Conference (New congregations, Natural Church Development, effective leadership, empowering a new generation of Christians, missions).
- Include brief quotes from key leaders or participants.
STEP 2: Tell the story with pictures if possible.
- If possible provide 2 to 5 digital pictures that are clear and well lit. [Pics should be 72 dpi, but send what you have - we can convert them!]
- It’s best to have a close up of faces rather than large group shots.
- It’s best to show “action” instead of posed shots when possible.
- If you have other media to tell the story (such as an online video or a podcast, send the web address and we can include a link within the story.)
STEP 3: Email the story and pictures to the Office of Communication staff
- Email the text of your story in the body of the email or attached as a Microsoft word file to Danette Clifton (firstname.lastname@example.org) and/or Lyn Cosby (email@example.com).
- Attach the pictures separately as .jpg files. (Please do not include the pictures embedded in the Word Document.)
- Provide a contact person’s name and daytime contact information in case the Communication staff has questions.
The Communication staff will then edit and post your story on the North Alabama Conference website and include it in an upcoming issue of the eVoice.